We are ready for Dancers to come back into the Studio for classes.
Here is a bullet list of What We Have Done, Changes To The Studio, and Changes in Operations.
Things will continue to change as our world changes. This list is in effect August 31st, 2020.
Changes To The Studio
- All persons ages 6 and older must wear face masks in the building.
- Some teachers may remove their face mask while enduring a “high impact”(heavy breathing) class.
- Teachers may ask dancers to remove face mask while enduring a “high impact”(heavy breathing) class.
- Each dancer planning on removing their mask during class must bring in a safe bag/baggy labeled with their name.
- All customers and visitors will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are at entrances and locations throughout the building so they can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
- Signage and instructions will be posted for employees and customers about hand washing and sanitizing.
- Signage and instructions will be posted for employees and customers about social distancing.
- Employees will interact with co-workers and customers while maintaining appropriate social distancing.
- Marked spots on floors in dance rooms to help guide dancers of spacing.
- Everyone is expected to social distance at all times.
- Common areas will be closed. Cloth furniture will be removed. All trash receptacles are no touch.
- Some, cleanable, chairs are available for parents of our youngest dancers, and are set to comply with social distancing.
- Food consumption is now prohibited in our building. Vending machines are closed.
- Water fountains are not accessible. Dancers are to bring their own bottles of water. Bottles of water are also available for purchase in the store, $1.
- Lockers are available as dancers arrive to get their belongings and again before they leave. Lockers are not available during or between classes.
- Prior to business opening, all touchable surfaces will be cleaned with a product that does not allow germs to stick to said surface for 24 hours.
- All employees are responsible for cleaning their entire work area between classes and at the end of each shift.
- Fresh air ventilation will remain on during business hours.
- There are 3 sets of doors to use to enter and exit the building. Front, side facing Foss, and back.
Changes In Operations
- Classes may have staggered start and end times. When possible rooms next to each other will have different start and end times to offer space for social distancing.
- More classes have and may be added to reduce number of people in the building at one time.
- Limited number of people will be allowed in any 1 space.
- Classes will have size limits depending on the room and ages of dancers.
- Ages 1.5-2 – 8 Dancers
- Ages 3-4 – 12 Dancers
- Ages 5-6 – 12 Dancers
- Ages 7-9 – 12-18 Dancers
- Ages 10-12 – 12-18 Dancers
- Teens – 10-12 Dancers
- Dancers are to bring all of their belongings into the classroom with them.
- Dancers in Recreational classes ages 5-6 and older, and Competitive classes are welcome be bring their own yoga matt to class to use while doing floor stretches.
- Teachers and assistants will no longer touch students, dancers.
- No class plans or choreography will influence recreational dancers to partner or have contact with others.
- No props will be used in classes this year.
- Dancers will stay in their assigned classroom. No changing classrooms during that class.
- Virtual / Zoom Classes are available. Please ask for details.
- Parents of dancers are asked to come in ONLY when necessary, social distance, and exit building while dancer is in class.
- One Parent for dancers under age 6 may stay in the building. Other exceptions may apply.
- Parents are to pick up dancer at the same door they dropped them off at.
- If a parent requests, dancers will be walked out to their awaiting ride. This way a parent will not have to come into the building. This will have to be prearranged with the front desk before the start of that class, that day.
- Retail store will have no more than 12 people at a time. Including employees.
- Plexi glass guards are at the store counter in between employees and customers.
- Fitting room will be cleaned after each use.
- Customers most vulnerable may request a special shopping time.
- Customers are asked to pay with credit card or exact change with cash.
- Sorry no returns or exchanges at this time.
- Stay Safe signs are posted throughout the building.
- Our staff will take someone’s temperature if they feel they may have a fever.
- Families will be notified if they may have been exposed to anyone who becomes ill.
- Everyone has the responsibility to tell people if and when they become ill.
- If someone is diagnosed with COVID-19, the areas in which they were exposed to will be disinfected and not permitted for use for an appropriate length of time.
- We will be monitoring our staffs health and wellbeing as they come to work.